MiDAS Training Service
What is MiDAS?
It is a membership based scheme that is designed to enhance safe minibus driving standards and promote the safer operation of minibuses, currently there are over 5,000 member organisations throughout the UK. It is an award winning, and nationally recognised, assessment and training scheme for minibus drivers in the voluntary and not-for-profit sectors. Launched in 1994, it was designed to make appropriate assessment, training and accreditation available to minibus drivers from any school or volunteer organisations at a local level. The scheme is operated by the Community Transport Association U.K. (CTA).
MiDAS Training Includes
- Minibus drivers to be assessed against a national standard of driving skills
- Drivers are given help to improve their driving if required
- Drivers to be made aware of the legal and safety issues concerning the use and driving of passenger carrying vehicles whether paid drivers or volunteers
- Trained in the safe carriage and security of wheelchairs in transit
- Provided guidance in working with people with a range of disabilities
MiDAS Scheme Benefits for Organisations & Individuals:
- Enhanced passenger safety & confidence
- Raised driver & staff awareness of their responsibilities toward their passengers & public
- Potential reduced insurance premiums as many minibus insurance companies recognise the scheme
- Reduced whole life vehicle costs through enhanced ECO driver training
- Single nationally recognised certificates
- Improved public image for organisations, schools & universities
At Ryedale Community Transport CIO we have our own in-house MiDAS assessor and we can provide training for either Standard Minibus use or Accessible Minibus use.
Training can be provided to charitable, community or commercial operators of minibuses.
Please contact the office for more details or visit the Community Transport Association for more details.